PLATINUM STYLIST & SALON MANAGER
ACCOLADES AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- • Hair director for Servilles Your Colour campaign 2015
- • Stylist of the Year, Servilles Annual Awards 2015
- • Team Member on the Wella Australasian Colour Club 2014
- • Overall Servilles Stylist of the Year at the Servilles Awards 2013, 2014
- • Senior Stylist of the Year at the Servilles Awards 2012
- • Member of the Servilles Creative Team for NZ Fashion Week
- • New Zealand’s Next Top Model, including the makeover episode cycle 3
- • Co-directed the hair team for PWC New Gen Show (2010) & Sunday Magazine show (2011) at NZ Fashion Week
- • Editorial work published in Sunday Magazine (cover), MiNDFOOD, Remix, The Guide, Simply You (cover)
- • Top Stylist of the Year Winner at the Servilles Awards 2011
- • New Stylist of the Year at the Servilles Awards 2009
- • Most Promising Stylist of the Year at the Servilles Awards 2009
- • Colour Specialist of the Year at the Servilles Awards 2008
WHERE WERE YOU BORN / GROW UP?
WHERE HAVE YOU LIVED OVERSEAS?
Nowhere (I love New Zealand too much!)
DID YOU HAVE A CAREER OR STUDY BEFORE HAIRDRESSING?
I was a makeup artist first and I still love to do it.
YOU’RE SPENDING SUMMER IN NZ – WHAT WOULD YOUR PLANS BE?
Equally in beach hopping at the Coromandel and visiting friends at Lake Taupo.
PLACES YOU’D LOVE TO VISIT?
Portugal and Spain
SCARIEST THING YOU HAVE DONE?
Walked the Skywalk on the Sky Tower.
MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT OR EVENT?
My first sojourn to Europe, last year.
HOW DID IT YOU BECOME A HAIRSTYLIST?
I helped out on a fashion show in year 13 doing hair and makeup. I enjoyed it so much I decided to study both and loved hair more than I thought.
WHAT HAIRSTYLE OR TECHNIQUE ARE YOU LOVING AT THE MOMENT?
I love loose waves, using the GHD Curve range.
HOW MANY YEARS HAVE YOU BEEN IN THE INDUSTRY?
WHO OR WHAT INSPIRES YOU (PROFESSIONALLY AND PERSONALLY)?
Professionally – my team. They inspire me everyday. Personally – my best friends and my partner.
WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE THING ABOUT BEING A HAIRSTYLIST?
Making people feel good and having good banter!
WHAT’S THE BEST LEARNING EXPERIENCE YOU’VE EVER HAD?
Becoming a Manager of a bunch of creative people. There’s never a dull moment.
WHAT IS YOUR ADVICE FOR ANY ASPIRING HAIRSTYLISTS?
Stick it out and work hard – it’s worth it.